Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Technical Trainer to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note the purpose of this role is to provide Technical, Safety & Regulatory Training for all site personnel, as well as other assigned operational tasks within areas of competency.
Reporting to: Training Supervisor
- Coordinate and Deliver Induction and Regulatory Training sessions for all new employees and visitors upon arrival on site
- Conduct and Coordinate all Technical Internal and External Training as per approved Individual Development Program (IDP)
- Oversee the Bulyanhulu Driving School. Test drivers who apply for site licenses and issue such licenses once deemed competent.
- Ensure Training records and assessment documents, are accurately recorded electronically and filed in employee personal files
- Identify training needs (TNA) and facilitate the needs based programs as required by operations.
- Make changes and revisions in Training content
- Manage Training Budget Expenditure and ensure proper allocation of each training budget as per Department
- Plan and schedule Training programs and calendar as per need and utilize resources accordingly
- Determine employee competency in a particular skill and through theory & practical assessment
- Closely monitor the progress of training participants to ensure satisfactory performance results.
- Plan for refresher training in the above and improve present performance; prepare and inform employees for renewal of government blasting licenses.
- Conduct job task observation to gauge trainees understanding at the job site.
- In co-ordination with other training staff, to ensure training information is available in a timely and effective manner.
- Ensure Training venues and facilities are neat and tidy, all necessary training materials are prepared.
- Provide training and support to ensure that employees comply with safety and environmental standards that exceed industry practice and any applicable Tanzanian legislative requirements.
- Certificate 4 or similar Qualification in Workplace Training & Assessment (M)
- Tertiary Education in Training ( or Related Field) (M)
- 4 years industry experience in Training & Development in Technical area of Mining Operations. At least 1 year experience in a Supervisory Capacity
- Experience in the successful development and implementation of employee training program
- Minimum 1 year experience in operating Heavy Mobile Equipment in Production Environment
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Sound knowledge of Technical Area Operations in Mining/ Processing/ Asset Reliability
- Facilitation & Presentation Skills
- Leadership/ Supervisory Skills
- Time Management & Planning
- Workplace Training & Assessing
- Computer Skills – Microsoft Office
- Communication Skills English and Swahili
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
- Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “TECHNICAL TRAINER “ in the subject of your email
Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]
If you are not contacted by Barrick- Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 06th September 2021
BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com